Saturday, November 26, 2022

Day 4 27thNov'22. 1:51am Hospital Visits - Doctor's blessings

 Last few months have been in and out of hospitals. Started with a day to sit in a hospital for extended family to be in the same Hospital and outside ICU for unknown hours in a month.

I believe last few months were the worst time we saw as a family. My family was visiting me in Mumbai and this time it was for a break... longer than their usual couple of days stopover..

But destiny had something else in store for us. After reaching here our one family member got discharged from ICU and the other got admitted. My husband and mom both fell sick. Husband's desease got detected but mom was diagnosed incorrectly. Where husbands treatment started in time we lost few days for mom and her condition deteriorated. Family physician whom we could not consult earlier suggested emergency and referred a doctor there.


Mom got admitted and the main Dr. from the time of meeting me showed support. He is a senior most doctor and an Icu director. He gadged my attention as he had treated our other family member and I told him my confidence lies in him. he without any thinking exchanged number with me and said he would do his best...as case was already very tricky.


Rest is history as a lot went in a period of a months time. But this doctor gave us amazing lessons. He was confident, proactive, professional and supportive. All this and my moms willpower and family support got us out of the critical situation.

We can't thank the team of doctors enough...and everyone who genuinely stoodby us during this time. From strangers to friends and family members who reached out and showed love and concern for us all. 

I might not say it enough but I am grateful for each one of you to be a part of our life. You guys know who all you are. 

I wont lie, there was a bit of anger and wierd emotions for those who didnt understand the fragile moment we were in and asked or suggested things which didnt feel right. 

But lets not go there, my this time visit turned out to be a happy one when the reports show mom's recovery is on the right track. I felt victory when the doctor too complimented by just saying very good. 

Though the entire process of hospital visit could be very exhausting in itself  but these two words she is doing fine relieves the stress. 

The day followed few tests and a vaccination towards the end. 

The journey in hospital flashes through evryday but its also a reminder now not to take each moment for granted. To cherish time with family and regained my faith in doctors. That good doctors exist.

I have immense gratitude for everyone who helped in moms recovery. Also not a single day pass when i dont thnak god for blessing us... My faith in god stays strong after this episode 

No comments: